Why Are You Raising Money for Tube-a-thon?
Tube-a-thon is a great event! Its great to see your Camp friends after not seeing them since last fall or even last summer. Tube-a-thon is a weekend filled with tubing, laughing, Blue Harbor Water Park, hanging out, broomball , snow football, and prizes. But who really benefits?
- All money raised goes directly to the Campership Fund
- The Campership Fund is used to help families send their children to Camp even if they can’t afford the whole fee or any of it.
- Our goal is to get kids to Camp. Lack of the financial means to pay for Camp should not stop a kid from having all the great experiences you have had at Camp.
- Last year, Camp Anokijig gave out 260 camperships. That’s 260 kids who otherwise would not have had to the opportunity to have that Camp experience.
- YOU are helping make a difference!
How Do I Raise The Money?
- Ask people you know! Friends, teachers, neighbors, relatives, your parent’s friends, etc. These are people you already have some connection with. They are much more likely to be receptive to your request.
- Arm yourself with information. To be a good salesperson, which is what you really are at this point, you must know your product. Be able to answer these questions:
- Challenge Yourself!
Tools to Help You Reach Your Goal
Follow the links to these additional documents to get you on your way.
- Tube-a-thon Flyer – Printable Registration Form-Our basic information sheet about the event
- 2017 Pledge Sheet -To tally up the money you raise
- Sample Letter #1-This is a general fundraising letter to get you started
- Sample Letter #2-This is an actual letter one of our alumni has used to raise over $1000 two years in a row.
- Easy Steps to Raise $300 in a Week-Here’s a plan to keep you focused.
- Who Do You Know Worksheet-Help organize who you are going to ask to help.
- Earn-Your-Way Online-This gives you instructions on how to use our online fundraising site to generate money for you when people you know purchase items